Thursday, October 20, 2011

FASCINATED BY THE INAPPROPRIATE STATUES AROUND MY COMPLEX

I have been wondering how to bring this up.  I certainly don't want to insult the new place or people where I live but "WHAT'S UP WITH THE NAKED GROPING STATUES EVERYWHERE?"  First, let me say, I love where we live and am so grateful that despite not really knowing much about our options, we could not have found and chosen a better place for us to start our life here.  Bel-Air is perfect for us...we have a comfortable, though small, condo with amazing views of the South China Sea.  Our complex offers amazing gyms with sauna and steam, a spa, game rooms for pool, foosball, ping-pong etc., indoor and outdoor pools that make you feel like you are at a resort, two restaurants, pizza delivery in-house, fun events,  and beautifully landscaped grounds. It is a very family friendly community, with many playgrounds suited for young children.  Considering the family feel, I have to ask again..."What's up with all the naked statues?"

  NAKED CHUBBY GUY GRABBING BOOB OF NAKED CHUBBY GIRL
This is in the lobby of the building where many of the children come through after playing at the waterfront park.  I see this everyday when I take Aspen for her walks. 

THIS COUPLE HAS SOME BEAUTIFUL ADAGIO MOVES THOUGH THEY TOO ARE NAKED!
(Stephen Jackson I know you can appreciate this move, the extension and form!)

We have had some friends over and when you drive into our complex it is dramatic.  A large water fountain feature with dramatic stairways up to the buildings and chrome palm trees (we live in a tropical area so I'm not totally clear on why we have to have fake, chrome palm trees but I am gonna learn).  Someone told us it was a bit like arriving at Ceasars Palace! LOL!  This is the statue that greets you in the traffic circle as you enter...
You can also see parts of the chrome palm trees...


YEP...THIS ONE IS GRABBING HER BUTT!    
May I be totally honest as well, and say that Joe does not appreciate the male representations on the various statues?  You know what I mean..?

Now I can't close without a moment to appreciate the artistic lamp in our own tower's lobby...


Joe waiting to catch a taxi as he ponders the night this horse must have had if he ended up with this lamp shade on his head!  Note:  in the evening, the lamp turns on and everything. 


Don't worry, Joe and I will be attending our cultural training soon so maybe we will start to behave ourselves and better appreciate art.  Hey!  No head shakes or eye rolls from you!  We CAN behave.

Just so you know how much I DO appreciate everything I get to see in my "neighborhood," I will leave you with a few other pictures around the complex...




Looking down from our balcony at the various areas of
the Bel-Air complex.
The outdoor pool area as seen from our 36th floor.
The two guys in the middle are Joe and Alex swimming while I spy
on them from up above in our house!

7 comments:

  1. Creepin' on the boys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog girl!! Keep it coming~ xoxoxo
    The art is very interesting..... hmmmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to learn more! It really does look beautiful. Hope you are all well. Miss you...miss our girls.
    Ask Joe to give Mel and Allie a big squeeze for us when he goes to Portland for parents weekend.
    xoxo Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness- that IS some interesting "art." I love how he's just reaching over all nonchalant and she's kind of throwing her head back like, oh yeah- this guy is SO romantic! Love the pics! More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your entries. You will have to tell us the explanation of the sumo couples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The statues crack me up but seriously, those guys have really tiny twigs and berries. Sorry if I'm being disgusting but I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Keep the interesting cultural stuff and pics coming!!! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete